Tuesday, April 6, 2010

More Great Cat Stories!

I have discovered a wealth of wonderful, heartwarming cat stories on a site called HubPages. Each one of these stories were posted by different authors, so I am including the links for everyone to enjoy! Let me know if you find one you are particularly fond of, and I will contact the author and see if I can whisker up a guest posting from them.

5 Ways to Effectively Annoy Your Cat
Let's face it, that cute, furry and cuddly beast known as the domestic house cat can be a domestic pain in the arse. If you "own" one, you know exactly what I mean. They don't come when called, they stand on your head at 6 in the morning when they're hungry, and they are constantly trying to escape the confines of their home, despite the ridiculously lavish lifestyle they are pampered by.

The Joys and Hazards of Living with a Bengal Cat 
Although there are lots of sites that just fawn over the Bengal breed there doesn't tend to be too many that describe just what life is like with these cats. In this article I hope to both educate the audience to basic Bengal facts and allow anyone to learn what a charming handful these sprightly balls of fur are.

Famous Ship's Cats
"Even Jenny, the ship's cat and part of the crew, had immediately found herself a comfortable corner; she varied her usual Christmas routine on previous ships by presenting Titanic with a litter of kittens in April." - Voilet Jessop on joining the Titanic's crew.

How to speak fluent cat
Often, when learning a new language, the lesson plan begins with popular foods and how to order them. This is also true of catspeak. Your cat's views on food may be among the first thoughts they try to express.

Meet Mr. Murphy - Rescue Cat Extraordinaire
 Often, when we are looking for the perfect family pet, we overlook a great source of possible "family additions". Rescue groups and organizations that specialize in salvaging society's casualties almost always have a wide variety of "rehabilitated pets" ready for adoption.Rescued animals are given a second chance for a happy life with a caring family through the efforts of such caring people.

Project F.U.R.B.A.L.L.
 My name is Foxy...or to those of you privy to such classified information, Field Agent 18243-8.6...and a half. For the last two lives, my orders have been to infiltrate the creatures known as humans, observe their behavior, gather intelligence and report back to our honorable leaders a viable method for the much anticipated takeover.

My Life as the Top Cat
Once upon a time when I was a little one, my name was Shadow. I liked the little girl that I used to follow. She picked me up and played with me a lot. In fact, I guess that is why they started to call me Shadow. Their house had some big people in it and some other kids, but I liked the girl the best.

No comments: